Pestigard BVDV Vaccine for Cattle 100ml - Please ring 02 8599 9759 to place an order
For the active immunisation of cattle against BVDV and to reduce reproductive losses due to BVDV.
Pestigard® is the first vaccine for the prevention of Bovine Viral Diarrhoea Virus (BVDV), otherwise known as Bovine Pestivirus in cattle in Australia.
- BVDV is a widespread disease throughout Australian cattle herds causing significant productivity loss by affecting the reproductive performance of the herd or increasing susceptibility to other common diseases.
- The introduction of a Pestigard® vaccination program will reduce reproductive loss caused by BVDV. Pestigard® will also stimulate active immunity against BVDV which will assist in the reduction of losses associated with the Bovine Respiratory Disease (BRD) complex and other clinical diseases where BVDV is implicated.
- A Pestigard® vaccination program can be conveniently integrated into existing management practices.
- Dose rate 2mL
- Pack Size 100mL - 50 doses
- Pack Size 250mL - 125 doses
Dosage and Administration
- The recommended dose for cattle of all ages is 2mL.
- Two doses of Pestigard® should be administered 4-6 weeks apart with annual boosters thereafter.
- The first dose of Pestigard® may be given up to 6 months before the second dose to suit management practices.
- Immunity does not develop until at least 14 days after the second dose.
- Safe for pregnant cows.
- This product can be stored and used for up to 30 days after first opening. On each subsequent reuse, swab the opening with a suitable disinfectant (for example, methylated spirits) both before and after using. A sterile needle must be used each time product is removed. Store unused material upright, at 2oC to 8oC (refrigerated) and in the original cardboard packaging to protect from light.
- Store at 2°C to 8°C (Refrigerate. Do Not Freeze)
- It is important that the vaccine is kept properly mixed before and during use.
- For subcutaneous use only.
Caution: Avoid Carcass Damage
1. Sterilise all injection equipment by boiling in water for 10 minutes before use. Avoid use of strong disinfectants.
2. Maintain cleanliness at all times during vaccination. Great care must be taken to avoid contamination of the vaccine, needle and internal parts of the syringe by contact with unsterile surfaces or unwashed hands.
3. Keep needles sharp and clean. Replace frequently.
4. Use the shortest possible needle, not exceeding 15mm in length.
5. As far as possible avoid injection of the animals during wet weather or under dusty conditions.
6. This product must be injected only under the skin. (subcutaneously).
7. Inject high on the neck behind the ear, i.e. under the skin on the side of the neck (just behind and below the base of the ear). Do not inject at any other site.
Routine active immunisation of cattle against infection with BVDV
Bovine pestivirus (BVDV) is responsible for a number of herd health problems in beef and dairy herds including reproductive loss
Avoid carcass damage. Correct vaccination procedure in the field is important. Sterilise all injection apparatus by boiling in water for ten minutes (or equivalent). Avoid use of strong disinfectants on apparatus. Maintain cleanliness at all times
Store between 2 and 8°C. (Refrigerate. Do not freeze.) Protect from light.
Zoetis Australia Pty Ltd
Cold Shipping Terms and Conditions
This is a product that requires shipping at refrigerated temperatures. By purchasing this product you agree to our Cold Shipping Terms & Conditions as follows:
You understand and accept the risk for potential delays to shipping that are beyond the control of The Animal Pharmacy.
You understand and accept that The Animal Pharmacy will not replace any refrigerated products due to delays in shipping that may or may not affect the viability of this product.
You understand and accept that there are inherent risks involved in shipping refrigerated products which may affect the efficacy of this product.
You understand and accept that Shipping Insurance offered by The Animal Pharmacy does not cover for delays to shipment, only if the shipment is confirmed as lost or damaged in transit.
You understand and accept that Australia Post does not provide refrigerated shipping and that parcels must be accepted at your address. If they are not accepted, they will be brought to a post office or depot and most likely will not be stored in a refrigerated area. All refrigeration is provide by The Animal Pharmacy and is only internal in the parcel.