Poor Oscar gets 'dandruff' or something like it and associated oily fur on his lower spine. Dermoscent is strong smelling at first and he doesn't like me putting it on him, but it works. After 2-3 weekly applications the dandruff is mostly gone and his coat is the good, shiny coat it used to be. This appears to be a chronic condition reappearing a couple of times a year and its good to know that Dermoscent will fix it.
PAW Essential 6 for Cats 4's
Improves Coat Shine: In international trials over 70% of cat owners saw an improvement in coat shine (an indicator of healthy skin) when using Essential 6® spot-on.
Reduces dry scaly skin: Essential 6® spot on moisturises the coat and skin, particularly replenishing dry skin.
Reduces non seasonal hair loss: Avoids bathing the cat
Essential 6 has a unique combination of Omega 6 & Omega 3 essential fatty acids and essential oils that increase skin hydration and maintain coat and skin health, making it ideal for dogs and cats with dry skin, dandruff, oily coats or those who have a constant bad odour.
Dosage & Format
- 4 cat pipettes per box.
- Initial dose is one pipette applied weekly for the first 8 weeks.
- Maintenance dose is one pipette every 2 weeks (after the initial 8 week treatment).
Essential 6 spot-on should not be used 2 days before or after bathing. Essential 6 spot-on has not been tested in kittens under 3 months old.
When to Use
- For cats with dull dry coats.
- For older or obese cats who have difficulty grooming.
- For cats who are on a reduced calorie diet or who cannot take Omega 3 products orally.
- For cats with dandruff or dry scaly skin
A yellow coloured liquid in a gold coloured pipette.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Does Essential 6 Work?
Essential 6 works by replenishing skin hydration levels in the epidermis layer (the hydrolipidic film). Once Essential 6 is applied to the skin it works as follows:
- It bio-diffuses through the skin and is stored in the sebaceous glands.
- It is progressively released from the sebaceous glands.
- It is then distributed along the body and absorbed into the skin.
- This regulates trans-epidermal water loss (i.e. evaporation through the skin) to optimise skin hydration and maintain the cutaneous ecosystem balance.
- It also reduces odour and leaves your pet naturally fresh smelling.
Cold Shipping Terms and Conditions
This is a product that requires shipping at refrigerated temperatures. By purchasing this product you agree to our Cold Shipping Terms & Conditions as follows:
You understand and accept the risk for potential delays to shipping that are beyond the control of The Animal Pharmacy.
You understand and accept that The Animal Pharmacy will not replace any refrigerated products due to delays in shipping that may or may not affect the viability of this product.
You understand and accept that there are inherent risks involved in shipping refrigerated products which may affect the efficacy of this product.
You understand and accept that Shipping Insurance offered by The Animal Pharmacy does not cover for delays to shipment, only if the shipment is confirmed as lost or damaged in transit.
You understand and accept that Australia Post does not provide refrigerated shipping and that parcels must be accepted at your address. If they are not accepted, they will be brought to a post office or depot and most likely will not be stored in a refrigerated area. All refrigeration is provide by The Animal Pharmacy and is only internal in the parcel.